Suggested readings and resources
- www.infoentrepreneurs.org: Canada Business Service Centre
- www.tmac-toronto.ca: Treasury Management Association of Canada
- www.cra-arc.gc.ca: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- www.statcan.ca: Statistics Canada
- www.xe.com/ucc: Currency converter
- office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/default.aspx: Download templates for accounting and administrative documents (invoices, purchase orders, cheque requests, etc.)
- www.taxsites.com/software2.html : Accounting software guide
ACCOUNTING INSTITUTES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- www.cibcb.com: Canadian Institute of Bookkeeping
- www.pmac.ca: Purchasing Management Association of Canada
- www.payroll.ca: Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- www.icca.ca: Chartered Accoumanintants of Canada
- www.cpacanada.ca: Certified Management Accountants of Canada
- www.cga-online.org: Certified General Accountants Association of Canada
- www.cpanewbrunswick.ca/en/: New Brunswick Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Certified General Accountants Association of New Brunswick
- http://www.cpaalberta.ca/: Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
Since July 2015, all accounting professions in Alberta have unified under the CPA, which now comprise more than 28,000 members.
- www.ica.bc.ca: Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia
Accountants across B.C. no longer divided between CGA, CA, CMA designations after CPA Act given royal assent
- https://cpamb.ca/: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Manitoba
The Chartered Professional Accountants Act of Manitoba was proclaimed on September 1, 2015 and established the Chartered Professional Accountant (“CPA”) designation in Manitoba. The Act replaced The Chartered Accountants Act, The Certified Management Accountants Act, The Certified General Accountants Act and The Certified Public Accountants Actwhich previously governed the designated accounting profession in Manitoba.
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
- https://www.cpacanada.ca/fr/la-profession-de-cpa/organisations-comptables-provinciales-et-regionales-de-cpa-du-canada: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Newfoundland
- http://www.cpans.ca: Chartered Professional Accountants of Nova Scotia
With the proclamation of the Chartered Professional Accountants Act in August 2016, all legacy accounting bodies cease to exist. Certified Management Accountants, Chartered Accountants and Certified General Accountants in Nova Scotia are now officially Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA)
- http://www.cpaontario.ca: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
Since May 2017, the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Act, 2017, has finalized the unification of Ontario’s accounting profession.
Professional accountants in Saskatchewan are represented by a single, self-regulating body and hold the designation Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA). Legislation to create the Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Saskatchewan (CPA Saskatchewan) was proclaimed November 10, 2014. CPA Saskatchewan resulted from the merger of the three legacy accounting bodies, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Saskatchewan (CA), and the Society of Management Accountants of Saskatchewan (CMA) and the Certified General Accountants Association of Saskatchewan (CGA).
- www.cpacanada.ca: Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- http://cpa-quebec.com: Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec