Requisition ID: 175422
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Physician Engagement Specialist generates and nurtures prospect (non-MD client) opportunities and uses a structured follow-up process to convert opportunities into new MD clients. The incumbent is responsible for proactively and proudly pursuing new client relationships by maximizing opportunities with new clients. Their approach will be reactive to business needs and value-added in their client interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focused on following-up and nurturing of prospective business opportunities
- Provide service and advice through the course of engaging new clients and in transitioning them to the appropriate service delivery channel
- Utilize data to obtain a better understanding of the prospect’s engagement level with MD
- Seek out new opportunities to promote MD and Scotia products and services
- Work collaboratively with Financial Consultants and specialists to engage prospects in working with MD
- Keep abreast of marketing resources and share them as a potential way to attract new
- Partner and work collaboratively with the Regions to follow up on various marketing initiatives and
regional events to ensure success and identify opportunities
- Email and telephone prospects to discuss MD’s value proposition
- Manage referrals/leads from all sources and track pipeline reporting to ensure effective sales management.
- Understand and build relationships with centers of influence, partnership associations and other areas of significant business opportunity
- Maintain a strong social media presence and build the MD brand through your posts
- Maintain solid knowledge and understanding of market conditions and financial planning competitive advantage to maintain value-added relationship development
- Ability to travel is essential (30-40% of the time) in the London, Kitchener, Waterloo Region,.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing coupled with a minimum of 4 years’
experience in a sales capacity
- Must be IIROC licensed (RR) or currently have (IR) and be willing to complete the 90-day training within 90 days of start date. Post licensing requirement also includes the completion of the Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within 30 months. Completion of Life License and subsequent regulatory requirements (an asset, not a requirement)
- Working knowledge of RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, mutual funds and other investment products.
- Knowledge or experience in the Wealth Management industry is an asset.
- Experience in marketing, negotiating and public speaking is an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Confidence and an ability to connect with a variety of personality types.
- You enjoy networking and establishing relationships in the community.
- You are a team player and can work well on a cross-functional team.
- You thrive on working in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- You use your exemplary organizational, interpersonal and oral and written
communication skills to provide exceptional client service. Your internal and external
clients regularly commend you on your willingness and ability to ‘go one step above’.
- You are a rapid responder – what’s urgent for your prospects is also urgent for you.
- You make ‘getting things done’ a priority.
- You enjoy learning new tools, techniques, and concepts and applying this knowledge on
a day-to-day basis.
- You enjoy the collaborative process and look forward to partnering with other team
members to best service your prospects.
- You are self-motivated, resourceful and take initiative.
- You demonstrate resiliency; continues toward goals in the face of difficulty and adversity.
- You are goal and results oriented, overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
What Success Looks Like:
- Your commitment and enthusiasm for providing a top-notch client experience are key differentiators.
- You are passionate about the MD and Scotia value proposition and ensure your interactions within the physician community exemplify the MD Brand.
- You are sincere in always wanting to do your best.
- You take great pride in the effective and thorough working relationship you have developed with your team of Financial Consultants and other MD team members in the service of the prospects.
- You are constantly learning and honing your skills.
- You are technology savvy and endeavor to find new and exciting ways to use technology in the servicing of your prospects.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.