Job title: Cost Financial Analyst (2016 NOC Group: 1112) Employer: Flytom Transportation Ltd. Positions available: 1 Employment type: full time, indeterminate Job Location: Delta, BC V3M 5P3 Salary: $36.5/hour, 35 hours per week; $66,430/year
Finance Retail Clerk Clerk R9 On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among
Property Management and Lease Administrator Administrative Officer R18 On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations: Vancouver Our Purpose At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations: Vancouver Our Purpose At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is
1. Tax Expertise: Responsible for the review of corporate income tax returns, income tax provisions, and GST/PST filings. Assists with tax advisory and audit engagements, including drafting written memos, process and procedure documentations. Expected to remain up to date on new tax legislation that would impact First West Credit Union (FWCU) and its subsidiaries.2. Tax Planning and Business Strategy: Identify and research technical tax issues that are relevant to FWCU and its subsidiaries. Lead and advise executive management of the effects of business activities on tax and strategies for minimizing tax liability. Manage and coordinate corporate tax planning and compliance for FWCU and its subsidiaries.
3. Leadership: Act as the primary contact for audit/tax consulting engagement related to the preparation for tax returns for FWCU and its subsidiaries. Take direct lead and control of special tax projects, ensuring they are properly planned and executed. Provide mentoring and technical guidance to staff with Finance and other departments when needed.4. Risk Management and Control: Liaise with compliance, operations, legal and other related lines of business to resolve system, administrative, risk management and legal issues pertaining to the delivery of tax services; and other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance/Accounting), CPA designation.
- Minimum of 5-7 years specializing in Corporate Tax within a public accounting firm in Canada; 8+ years of experience in income tax operations, such as preparation/review of income tax compliance, preferably in financial service industry.
- Completed, or nearly completed the CPA In-depth Tax courses.
- Extensive understanding of IFRS, relevant Canadian tax legislation, corporate tax provision and planning, GST/PST/HST compliance. Experience with multi-provincial corporate income tax in Canada is an asset.
- Strong accounting, analytical, tax research skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills to identify and resolve diverse, complex, and ambiguous issues in a timely and practical manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and able to lead.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Taxprep
- Experience working with oracle ERP System is an asset
• A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation• Annual merit pay increases• Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits• Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U” and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days• Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude