Where will Amazon’s growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature?
Who are we:
These are some of the most important questions at Amazon today. North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) will be the answer to many of those questions. Our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) utilize Amazon robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track millions of items in a day. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new site launches, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to senior leadership (C suite) driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
*This role can reside at either of our YYZ9 or YVR3 sites.
NACF Finance is looking for a Finance Manager to work with multiple sites as the trusted finance leader and business partner. Experience with this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon, e.g. senior roles supporting different business lanes, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail; as well as with research scientists, technical product managers, and software developers. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role, provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for site productivity, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identifying high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems effecting companywide strategic decision-making. This role will also have a focus on managing others, developing exceptional talent, and encouraging your team to find innovative solutions.
· Oversee financial reporting for your business area, understanding input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning by using data to provide advice and/or disruptive ideas.
· With Controllership as the top priority, you will identify, resolve, or provide guidance on the resolution of complex data integrity issues while improving controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
· Educating business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs while making thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there may be scarcity of data points.
· Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues that enables informed decision-making.
· Have backbone, disagree and commit to effectively lean in, foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, and lead the resolution of issues and/or decisions.
· Exhibiting social responsibility, activity recruit bar raising talent and continuously develop your team while becoming a supportive mentor of the Finance community.
· Plan for the future by identifying and sponsoring Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that strengthen the global Finance community such as diversity and inclusion initiatives.
· By becoming an expert in your lane, you will contribute to work life harmony as a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence and efficiency.
· Manage a team of three direct reports.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3+ years of direct management experience
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.