Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. The successful candidate performs residential property appraisals and provides professional and unbiased advice on all property types including both homeowner and multiples. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics or finance.
• As the reference in their field, the incumbent must be a chartered appraiser and registered with the board of the Order des évaluateurs agréés du Québec (OEAQ), or hold an Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation and be a member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in the field of multi-unit property and seniors' residence appraisal and multi-unit property sales analysis.
• Expert knowledge of appraisal theory and its practical application to valuation issues throughout the region. Ability to develop and maintain a good understanding of appraisal practices, professional association standards, industry trends, data sources and research tools and other factors that could have an impact on the work.
• Comprehensive knowledge of finance, investment analysis, the mortgage industry and mortgage insurance industry.
• Advanced computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite and Outlook.
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills. Good planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, capacity for building interpersonal skills and influencing decisions.
What you will be doing
• Actively support the achievement of departmental objectives and mandated requests both at the regional and national levels, including performing appraisal functions in other regions.
• Contribute to the development and data validation of the internal STGA (cap rate) database to ensure accuracy and sound results prior to finalizing the transactions. Review data entry and validation performed by the appraiser position.
• Find and recommend innovative solutions to establish property value in areas where data may be limited (i.e., First Nations, remote locations).
• Respond to numerous ad hoc requests in support of internal clients by providing input and participating on working committees for special projects and unique properties.
• Ensure the delivery of products and programs within the specified timeframes.
• Provide advice and consultations on all appraisal matters involving properties ranging from small single-family to large multi-residential properties to support CMHC in the delivery of its programs or insurance products.
• Review, assess and provide recommendations on the suitability and accuracy of external reports; make decisions to either accept the value established by external appraisers or set a new value.
• Provide internal analyses to various partners, including Multi-Unit and Homeowner Insurance, Default Management, Real Estate and Affordable Housing, First Nation Housing. Produce diverse expert reports including setting the market value of structures and rental rates, determining/recommending the target price for the marketing of real estate properties including large rentals, setting rental rates on social/affordable housing and on regional market conditions, validating the data used to calculate rental properties lending values or cap rates.
• Conduct property-specific analyses and make recommendations concerning major real estate projects of a more complex nature (often issue-specific) in order to guide partners along their decision-making process and risk mitigation.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: The competition will remain active until filled
Job Requisition ID: 4178
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Other Location(s): Multiple locations in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required