Requisition ID: 123204
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Senior Manager ,IFRS 9 Modelling & Analytics, Enterprise Stress Testing you will contribute to the overall success of the IFRS 9 credit risk modelling, analytics, and reporting for Canadian and international retail portfolios. You will ensure specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. You will also ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you, will:
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Develop credit risk models for the international retail portfolio that predict probability of default, loss given default, or loss rates for IFRS 9 provisioning and financial reporting.
• Build, enhance, and automate processes to facilitate timely execution and analyses of quarterly results, SOX controls, model impacts, and macroeconomic sensitivities.
• Work with stakeholders and technology teams to implement and execute models and analyses in support of on-going financial disclosure, regulatory reporting, and ad hoc analyses.
• Support stress testing teams who will use the IFRS 9 models for Enterprise-Wide Stress Testing and other ad hoc stress tests.
• Document all models and processes developed and works with the model validation team to ensure timely and satisfactory validation.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
• 2+ years of experience in financial services building IFRS 9, AIRB, or similar models is required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders across a wide variety of functions is required. The ability to clearly summarize and display data is required
• Predictive modelling or machine learning, statistical, and programming skills gained through a graduate degree or advanced training in a quantitative discipline are required
• Knowledge of both R and Python and proficiency in either language is required.
• The candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp and embrace new concepts and technologies
• Experience with Linux or UNIX systems and version control software such as Git is required
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
A competitive compensation and benefits package.
An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers.
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located downtown, Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.