York University champions new ways of thinking that drive teaching and research excellence. Through cross-disciplinary programming, innovative course design, diverse experiential learning and a supportive community environment, our students receive
Responsibilities include the auditing and processing of non-PO related invoices, weekly Pay Cycle, wire transfers and express cheques, and monthly duplicate invoice checks. Support system changes and other initiatives that impact AP department.
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Vaughan, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Calgary; Vancouver Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be. Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems. Enjoy
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Vaughan Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be. Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University. Have many careers in one
Service: Financial Advisory Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Toronto Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Be encouraged to deepen your technical
Requisition ID: 89779
Cost Centre: NATIONAL COLLECTION CENTRE
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Leads and develops a team of Front End Collection Advisors in the Canada Collections Centre in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered. Responsible to provide coaching, direct leadership and guidance to the Collections Advisors, as it relates to collections, customer service, process and policy support and system functionality.
•Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
•Provide a best in class customer experience when dealing with business partner, customers, or team members by resolving customer matters; authorizing correspondence in a manner that reflects Bank policies and guidelines; and understanding the customers’ circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of collection practices, policies and procedures.
•Superior leadership and effective coaching to motivate and develop individual Collection Advisor’s performance in the collections and service team by:
a.Developing a team of high-performing, subject matter experts with sound problem resolution, developing advisors to be knowledgeable and confident focusing on first contact resolution and delivering solutions for our customers and providing best in class customer service
b.Engaging in coaching as an ongoing observational activity with Collection Advisors by providing relevant feedback and coaching during live call observations, side by sides, group coaching, skill building and lesson plans.
c.Reviewing Collection Advisors customer interactions including live calls, recorded calls, and service observations to identify coaching and development opportunities, common challenges within team and appropriate solutions.
d.Conduct ongoing, one-on-one coaching with Collections Advisors to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set focus thereby ensuring continued improvement of knowledge, efficiency and quality.
e.Effectively managing direct and indirect reports following performance management protocols that address any performance, attendance and conduct concerns and working with HR and ER as required.
f.Analysis of reporting of results for the team’s performance including identifying coaching opportunities.
•Effectively and consistently execute management routines and disciplines for performance management as defined by the MOS leader/management expectations guide, and also align to the Canada Collections call model which measures development of the Collection Advisors; utilizing standard reporting, scheduled routines and adhering to and following relevant processes as defined by our Operations and our management operations model, the Bank and HR.
•Utilize a standard effective process for planning and managing time and work activities and keeping reports and team records up to date. Manage and align to daily, weekly and monthly operational standards and routines.
•Recommending appropriate changes to policies, processes and procedures that will assist in maximizing the recovery of delinquent accounts, while improving productivity and efficiency of the unit;
•Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
•Recognizing and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities evidenced through customer interaction and/or payment verification directly to the Manager, Senior Manager or Director, Front End Collections;
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive, positive work environment; effectively communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touch bases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing the knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members. Contribute individually and as a team to the department’s overall success and activities that promote positive employee engagement and results.
• Monitor team performance and identify trends, implementing strategies to mitigate opportunities and improve performance.
• Monitor QA and Compliance results ensuring appropriate and effective coaching is conducted to reduce and/or eliminate infractions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking on parallel initiatives and effectively implementing change initiatives while promoting positive employee engagement.
• Promptly update employee Time and Attendance records, keeping employee records up to date at all times; follow employee attendance and time off protocols, reconcile with WFM and follow HR policies and protocols.
• Number of employees / span of control: 12-15
• Countries / regions / business units supported: All of Canada
• Systems: All internal bank systems (i.e. CACS, Intralink, CIS, etc.)
Education / Experience / Other Information
• Completion of post-secondary education,
• 3 years of experience in management and collections role or 3-5 years working experience in collections is an asset.
• Bilingualism (French and English) is mandatory.
• Sound knowledge of the Bank’s Retail products, services and operating/collection systems including CACS, RLP, KS, CIS, Sales Builder, TLS;
• Strong coaching and people leader abilities;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal);
• Strong multi-tasking and ability to work on parallel and competing initiatives
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically. Must have shift flexibility. Shifts are determined based on business need and may change periodically.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.