Do you have a passion for applying cutting edge technologies and automation in traditionally manual processes? Do you have experience in finding innovative solutions to scale security controls across diverse teams and technologies? Do you have ideas about influencing the future of security assurance? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. Come, join a creative team at Security Assurance dedicated to demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we are committed to inventing new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers.
You have a strong foundation in audit principles, as well as a diverse technology background. You will drive and implement the strategy for end-to-end automation of audit and compliance workflows including technical security requirement analysis, control implementation, auditor engagement and audit execution, enabling the program to scale with the business. You love working across internal and external stakeholders to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. You are a technically experienced and innovative security, compliance, and audit professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, communicate clearly and transparently with customers, and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
You will help inspire, lead, and transform our audit and compliance programs through innovative process engineering across multiple organizations and teams, engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders throughout the company. Your combination of technical and audit background will help bridge security, technology, and compliance, and facilitate the scale of the program.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following activities:
· Dive deep into the AWS control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of AWS security activities and control implementations to articulate compliance implications to both customers and internal/external audit functions.
· Develop understanding of regulated industry compliance requirements and communicate how AWS control activities meet Canadian and global regulatory obligations.
· Liaise with customers, regulators and auditors, articulate control implementation, and describe considerations for applying security and compliance concepts to a technical cloud environment.
· Operate a rhythm of the business for managing changes to the control environment and in the preparation of audits; guide control owners in documenting their own control activities and confirm readiness of controls for audit.
· Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
· Implement continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process. Develop program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
· Apply a working knowledge of global information security regulation and policy to articulate customer and control impact and drive alignment to AWS controls.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or other related fields.
· 10+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in IT audit assessments of highly technical environments.
· 10+ years working in highly regulated industries (e.g. financial services, healthcare, and energy, telecommunications), including direct work with regulatory audits.
· IT audit and/or security consulting experience with a Big Four (or similar) organization.
· 1 or more industry-recognized security, cloud, or audit professional certifications (e.g., CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Cloud Security Practitioner)
· 5+ years of IT security experience in support of a highly technical environment.
· Working knowledge of Canadian and global IT regulations and supporting audit standards and frameworks (e.g., PIPEDA, CCCS, Canadian Federal and provincial privacy and data protection statutes and requirements, FFIEC CSF, NIST 800-53, ISO 27002, PCI DSS, SOC 1&2).
· Clear understanding and experience evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls. Experience working directly with external/customer auditors for these types of assessments.
· Business-level fluency in Spanish or German is a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role