• Actuarial support for Canadian financial reporting requirements for life and health insurance products.
• Actuarial support for the budgeting, planning and long term planning process.
• Reporting to the Actuary responsible for Canadian reporting.
• Support projects involving GGY AXIS modeling and other ad-hoc projects
• Identification of improvements to reserving process to continuous improve efficiency and consistency of reporting
• Support well controlled process and procedures for financial reporting process and systems implementation/conversions.
• Ad hoc analysis as required.
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar technical discipline
• 3+ years of insurance industry experience specifically related to Canadian financial reporting.
• 3+ exams and proven progress towards ACIA
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written communications of analyses results, and work products
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Strong GGY AXIS skills