Do you want to play an instrumental role in supporting inclusion, diversity, and equity at Amazon Games? At Amazon, we work every day to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people of all backgrounds. Here’s your opportunity! We are seeking a world-class strategic builder who will drive and execute ID&E initiatives and solutions at Amazon Games.
The main responsibility of the role is to build and execute on data-driven ID&E goals, strategy, and initiatives for our Amazon Games lines of business and hold leaders accountable to the execution of these goals and initiatives in order to transform the culture. The right candidate will enjoy and thrive while:
· Working in an early stage/start-up environment
· Bringing creativity and fun to problem solving
· Building the airplane at the same time we are flying it
· Creating, executing, and measuring solutions
· Driving organizational culture change
Working with our Business Leaders and Human Resources (HR) consisting our Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and AWS ID&E teams, you will lead the launch, execution, and reporting of Amazon Games ID&E solutions, strategies, and programs in a data driven manner. In doing so, you will also be responsible for the impact they have on the businesses you support. You will design and manage programs to train, transition, and continually develop our diverse talent. You will also work to ensure we are maximizing the inclusion, diversity, and equity opportunities for current employees. You will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as you implement on our Amazon Games ID&E strategy. You will report on the outcomes of the ID&E work and strive to provide transparency and accountability across the respective businesses for all of these interventions.
Operating in a fast-moving and often dynamic environment, you will work with a high degree of independence and take responsibility for achieving business objectives. You will leverage your skills and experience to develop tailored programs that live at the intersection of inclusion and video games. This is your chance to make history by accelerating the diversity of ideas, perspectives, and problem solving that go into designing games, products, and services at Amazon.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
The role reports into the Head of Amazon Games Learning & Inclusion. The primary responsibilities are to:
· Build, lead, and execute on our goal and data-driven Amazon Games ID&E strategy in partnership with Business Leaders and Human Resources. This will also include partnering with process owners within the AWS ID&E team, and in the respective Amazon Games businesses to create and land the execution of our ID&E Plan.
· Coach leaders in the respective Business and HR on ID&E and help build acumen on the topic and drive accountability to become a trusted advisor and transform the culture.
· Design and manage programs to train, transition, and continually develop diverse talent, including influencing ID&E for loop participants, Bar Raisers, managers, and other leadership roles.
· Report on ID&E metrics and reporting, including government reporting and returns on investment on programs and interventions.
· Work with the broader Amazon Games Learning & Inclusion team to develop and execute a communication plan for stakeholders.
· Partner with the Amazon Games Learning & Inclusion team’s Learning and Development professionals to design the ID&E learning strategy and partner on execution and sustainability approaches.
· Provide thought leadership on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity subjects internally and where applicable (subject to approval), externally across the ecosystem.
· Lead specific new/existing internal projects and/or cadence within the Learning & Inclusion team to have impact across multiple Amazon Games functions and geographies.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 10+ years of experience working in a business function or HR.
· 5+ years of experience managing and driving meaningful action of Inclusion, Diversity, and/or Equity Management programs across multiple functions with numerous stakeholders up to VP level.
· Master's Degree
· Recognize mechanisms that block equity and inclusion, collaboratively influence and/or drive an end-to-end mechanism or process that positively impacts a lifecycle metric.
· Focus on complex diversity initiatives, influence how the ID&E strategy is adopted by multiple client teams, and collaborate with client and partner teams to design experiments and solutions that address gaps in diversity and inclusion. Drive adoption and measure effectiveness.
· Challenge leaders to integrate ID&E into long-term people and product processes, and advise them on how to deliver business plans.
· Apply high judgment to escalate effectively, working with partner teams to mitigate employee relations, legal, and compliance risks.
· Use data, metrics, and domain expertise to effectively coach leaders and multiple teams to drive equity and inclusion, holistically.
· Contribute to diversity strategies that increase hiring and retention of diverse candidates and employees for multiple client teams. Identify and reduce unconscious biases in unregretted attrition.
· Apply business acumen and knowledge of societal systems of bias to advance workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion across talent lifecycles.
· Actively recruit and develop others by mentoring across the organization.
· Accelerate adoption of diverse ideas and drive culture change within a large organization.
· Build and earn trust both across teams and with leadership.
· Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.